(ROM) Vanilla w/ Eclair XT (UNOFFICIAL) (10/23/210)
  • MisfitsTimmyMisfitsTimmy October 2010

Hey everybody! Here is my attempt to get HandlerExploit's Vanilla w/ Eclair to work on the Cliq XT. This is posted with the very generous permission of HandlerExploit as an UNOFFICIAL build. He is still working on his official build. I just put this together to see if it would work, I have no life, and I'm just that masochistic.

**Disclaimer**
    This worked for me. It may not work for you. By downloading and/or installing this ROM, you are on your own if something goes wrong. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK! Like I said, it worked for me, but may not for you.
    **/Disclaimer**

I have not been able to test the severity of the speakerphone issue on here. On some ROMs, it is less annoying than on other ROMs. Test it with the first release of the speakerphone fix from MasterMind278 and see how it works and let us all know!

This uses the boot.img and keymapping from Barely Blurred by Mastermind278. A big thanks to him for his work on that and all other devs that helped that ROM come about. I had to use a CliqXT boot.img in order for this to work.

So, grab it up and post your feedback and let's see what happens!

**** Edit October 28, 2010 ****
    Fixed the ringer volume issue and set the device to show as MB501.

**** Edit October 26, 2010 ****
    Vanilla w/ Eclair XT (UNOFFICIAL) now has OPENGL!

Click here for the download link

• mastermind278mastermind278 October 2010

MisfitsTimmy...
    why not use my Kernel edits for Motoblur 2.1.5 For CliqXT... I believe that HandlerExploit's Eclair had OpenGL/3D, that way it should also be working for this.

I didn't know about them :-)
    Where are they and how do I implement them?

• DJGHOSTS3V3NDJGHOSTS3V3N October 2010

Can you upload a video please

• nachobkccnachobkcc October 2010

can't try it yet! but i thank you anyway for the effort!
    keep on with this Misfits!

@cliqxthappyhackerusr I don't have a way to make a video, sorry. Really, it's the same ROM used for the Cliq. All I did was paste a CliqXT boot.img and keymapping.

• ZephZeph October 2010

Downloading!! Thx Misfits, handler and mm278

it's too late, because I'm flashing ... but this has the radio.img?

Only changed the wallpaper and added a widget.
    Please tell me how it looks.

@MisfitsTimmy for what is keymapping?

If you don't know what is keymapping then how did you make a thread about Froyo? Keymapping has the keyboard layouts for the XT as it is different than the Cliq. BTW you posted that pic on the Froyo thread... Is it Eclair? Froyo?

Ohh i copied that to my rom just remembered. The pics i posted were from a Vanilla/Eclair2CliqXt both roms are alike :D

@cliqxthappyhackerusr How is this ROM doing answering or placing calls? Does it actually work for you, even if you still have to toggle the speakerphone? Does it at least work for you if you do that?

Only speakerphone toggle on and off to hear normally. When i hit the dialer button on the dock of launcherpro it asks me which action to do dialer or phone.

@mastermind278 I tried putting the boot.img from your new Motoblur ROM into this, but there is still no opengl. Angry Birds shows up as a blue screen doing it this way. Back to your Motoblur so I can play Angry Birds :-)

• nobreak1970nobreak1970 October 2010

who is running this as a daily?
    I'm tempted.

what's the little bell with the red circle on it in the nofication bar?
    I got ringer volume.

• Alb3rt018Alb3rt018 October 2010

@little bell mean ur phone is on silent

thanks.

nvm

I installed the first version of the m3 sptoggle and it works great when answering a call btw.

What do we need to do Timmy to get this to working 3D accel?

UPDATE: I flashed the lwp patch and that's working well.

@Misfitstimmy, what base did you use from Handler? Did you use 1.2? Looking at your build.prop it still states 1.01... If you didn't use 1.2 I wouldn't expect openGL/3D working as it needs the new BASE for it to work. But then again, don't quote me 100% on this.

Yep you did indeed build this on the old version. Try building it with the 1.2... I bet it would work then! :-D

Can we put this together? I'd do it after work but don't know quite how to accomplish it.
    Can a patch be made?
    I'm loving Vanilla Android and can't go back to 1.5. I have apps that I use that don't work on 1.5 anymore.
    Let's do it. =)

Working on it right now :-)

@mastermind278
    That did it! w00t! Vanilla w/ Eclair XT (UNOFFICIAL) now has opengl! Angry Birds plays beautifully! Reuploading now...

Should be uploaded in about 30 minutes.

The new download link has been posted! Let me know how it works! And while you're at it, buy a beer for HandlerExploit(for the Vanilla w/ Eclair) and Mastermind278(for the Motoblur ROM that I took the kernel and keymapping from) for their combined efforts that made this experiment possible! Thanks guys!

• nachobkccnachobkcc October 2010

I'll say it once again.

Thank you so much guys!
    I (and all xt users) appreciate so much your efforts!!!

Keep that attitude! (for those who can't dev, like me :-( )

YAY TIMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• scrminsqrlscrminsqrl October 2010

uh oh! the volume buttons dont work i found that if you go in to the build.prop you can delete the ro.mot.hw.ringerswitch=1 it fixes ringer toggle... or change the value to 2

can that be made into a quick patch?

Hey are you new here?!

Welcome to the best Ad-Free Android Community around! Create your profile, and start posting now! New features are being added all the time!

Login with Facebook Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Google Sign In with Twitter

Sign In! Sign Up!

Categories

In this Discussion

Tagged